8.21.2013

Never Say Never to A Can of Spray Paint

Glossy black spray paint is a staple in my house and it yet again came in handy so I could get some artwork up in my bathroom. The art itself is "borrowed" from a book I got from a museum bookshop (yes I saw the exhibit) so pretty pictures, and one quote in cool font, check. The frames were all bought at local yard sales for a total of maybe $15 so budget, check. Hit the Depot for a can of paint plus primer in glossy black and the local hardware store for a custom piece of glass to fit one of the yard sale frames, and I was ready to go. The whole project took about an hour and cost less than lunch, ok, lunch with a glass of wine.

One grouping



The frames are strong enough that nothing else is needed on the wall which is painted in my new favorite gray.

One pair of frames ties two distant walls together. The black frames help the accent in the original 1930s tile work  make more sense in the space.

One of my favorite frames, now that it's black!

Have a project you think a quick spray paint job with solve but need a little help? Send a photo to liz@ermillerdesign.com